Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mirror Uhura Uniform









I had only been thinking about doing the Mirror Costume in the back of my mind and was terribly afraid I couldn't pull it off. So, I had plans to just make another regular uniform, like I wore in Sacramento last year.

I had bought oodles of red velour weeks before, but had been stalling about the costume and finding someone for some reason. I wanted to use JoAnn, the woman who did mine last year (the original one burnt up, aka was Schmittered in an apt. fire a month after I got back from the Sacramento Con), so eventually I called her--it was about the 2nd week of July.

I already had the regular boots for the standard uniform, as well as the earpiece (from last year) and I ordered the Mirror pin (and patch) from Intergalactic Trading months before. I also managed to find a wooden ISS dagger on ebay which really completed the uniform nicely, I think.

I had been searching on-line for boots and I only found ONE seller on ebay that had thigh-high, low-heel boots that weren't a million quatloos. So, I finally ordered a pair. And you wouldn't BELIEVE what showed up---6 inch heel, platform, lace up the front, zip on the side stripper boots.

1 comment:

velmo said...

I love your costume that was your first attempt as Lt. Uhura. I especially like the fun little side pleat. I've been looking online for a similar costume in my size but they all look like they are made up cheap stretchy material. Can you refer me to the seamstress who made your costume? Thanks so much!